A short while ago I finished making a skirt out of the orange fabric I got for myself in India. Look at the lovely bottom edge.
For the record because I am not sure it you can tell from the later pictures I used the edging on the left as the right side, but it would be easy enough to change if I decide that I preferred the more glossy side.
It is made of three rectangles, one for the skirt pleated to size and one for the waist band.
Sorry about the threads I am awful at trimming them.
The final rectangle was used on the only pocket. I hope the picture shows it off. I love pockets
And here are some pictures of the complete project that should also give some idea of the length. Maybe next week I can finally get some pictures of the projects I have posted about so far.
I think the closeup of the waist band is the picture that shows the color best.
I’ve mentioned that P. was moving to get his PhD., but what I didn’t say is he is in the Air Force. While I was there I fixed a pair of his jeans in return for a pair of his worn out pixilated camo pants.
I’ve wanted some fabric like this for over five years to make Strider (nickname Wingfoot), some fatigues.
Sorry about the super lousy cell phone image, but I didn’t have time to actually pull it out of storage. It is one of the American Girl 100 year anniversary bears, dressed in US Air Force dress blues with fatigue boots. They had no fatigues and no nice dress shoes hence the oddity. I’m really looking forward to this project.
My other recent addition to my sewing list is dealing with this.
Also very exciting.
Feel free to tell me if
A you know while Strider has that nickname and why it is funny
So when I was coming back from India I brought with me some turmeric, ginger, and chili powder. Now as it so happened the TSA officials in Chicago decided that the turmeric was Highly Suspicious and so they cut open the bags to test what was inside. They discovered it was perfectly safe, but by that time I had two open bags of turmeric. For some reason the only thing they had to seal up the bags was tape.
But the one bag was still letting out turmeric every time it was bumped, so they gave me a couple of the blue gloves they wear so as not contaminate everything, to put the turmeric in.
But it leaked anyway, most of where it leaked to didn’t matter, but it did leak on one of my favorite shirts.
So this morning I finally decided to do something about it, so I went outside and got the shirt wet from the pump because I thought it would probably be softer than tap water.
Next I sprinkled on more turmeric.
And then I rubbed it in til it looked mostly the same color.
My mom came by just then and told me I should rinse it in salt water and she gave me Morton’s Pickling and Canning Salt. I pumped more water into a bucket and added a little more turmeric and about a quarter cup of salt.
After rinsing I had a bucket with salty water in it that I didn’t know what to so with. So I went and grabbed a poly-cotton skirt M wants to make a computer bag out of and dumped it in.
Sorry for the horrible picture up right know the only camera with batteries is the family’s Nikon so I couldn’t focus.
Shortly before we left to go help out the food pantry as we do every Tuesday, my shirt looked like this.
At some point I’ll be sure to get a nice picture of me wearing it.