My brain died last month. First it was a week of nervous hope with a side of niephlings. Then a week of hospice waiting. Next up was a week of sadness. And finally a “P, I wanted you to wait until after you got married, to get engaged.” I haven’t felt like sunshine or like blogging. Except for last Friday, but that was in April. That day was full of sunshine even if it was the most miserable weather we’ve had in a month.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post/or on your blog.
- If the situation becomes dire and you have to trade away your precious books in exchange for food*, and you can only choose 5 books from your TBR to keep, which books would you choose?
If I’m only choosing from my physical owned TBR shelf, I get to automatically keep one of the books that is book 6 of a series I’ve only read the first two of. It’s not on the shelf so it doesn’t count. A quick look at my shelf immediately brought to attention three books that I really want to keep
Indian Boyhood By Charles A Eastman, The Jim Thorpe Story By Gene Schoor *I wrote this ages ago and have since read this book, The Book Of Lost Tales 2 By JRR Tolkien
Next up I had to sort through a bunch of books I feel meh about. And I also decided that I want to represent the type of books I like so… The next one I picked was naturally chosen for its cover just as it was originally, though the blurb sounds cool too, even though it’s a genre I have really mixed feeling for. *I wrote this ages ago and have since read this book.
When You Are Near By Tracie Peterson. It’s Christain Historical Fiction Romance.
Next I really wanted a middle-grade novel. I don’t have a great selection of middle grade novels on my shelf, I don’t have many books at all on my TBR shelf.
Early Thunder By Jean Fritz
- If you can only choose 5 books to re-read, which books would you choose?
I’m going to go ahead and choose books that are not part of any series to cut down on the numbers to choose from. Also, I’m only choosing novels.
The Princess Bride By William Goldman, Catrin In Wales By Mabel Esther Allen, A Book By Georgina By Barbara C Freeman, The Pushcart War By Jean Merrill, The Jungle Book By Rudyard Kipling
I’ve reread all of these, but Catrin in Wales. I would mention the book by Mabel Esther Allen that I have reread, but that is part of a series. I’m also missing a good three authors from my reread list because they only write series.
- What food can you never get tired of eating?
- What is your favourite thing to do in the comfort of your home, other than reading and blogging?
- What are your thoughts about exercising inside the house?
Erm. I’m not a fan.
- If you wake up tomorrow and realize that your life up until now has been a dream, and that you are in fact have been living in a different country or fictional world your entire life, what country/fictional world do you want to wake up in?
The Shire!!! Or Rohan! Would also accept Archenland.
- Which pet (real or fictional) would you choose to be your self-isolation companion?
- Takeout or home cooking?
Home cooking. I don’t need to go to a restaurant.
- Favourite social media platform?
- TV shows or movies?
Neither. Movies if I must.
- Do you binge-read books or read a bit at a time?
It depends on the book. The one I’m reading I’m taking my time with, I might just finish it this evening because I just need to finish it. The Chronicles of Fid Book 2 Behind Distant Stars. (Note I wrote this on Wednesday. I finished TCoF on Saturday)
*Note: I’m just kidding here. Last time I heard, our food supply is pretty solid and won’t diminish any time soon- so no real need to panic!
My Questions *If you would rather answer one of the questions I was asked feel free to
- What is your favorite plant? (Unexplained bonus points if it can be a houseplant.)
- What is the least common thing you are a fan of? (meaning something only you are a fan of)
- What is your favorite activity to do on your porch?
- What is your favorite summer snack?
- Are you happy with your current room decor?
- Would you rather read a book, watch a movie, or do a craft?
- What subject would you like to learn more about?
- How do you advise getting into shape?
- Do you collect anything?
- Can you dance a ballroom dance?
- How many people have you met who donn’t like chocolate?
So I really want to thank Sophie Li for tagging me with this. I had been struggling and recently life has been crazy and I had to replace a computer and we went on a long trip and we’ll go on another long trip next month and I’ve rearranged my room three or four times and I have to do it again before the next trip. So Sorry Sophi that this has taken me so long to do. I started it ages ago, but… I’m also sorry I haven’t been reading your posts, but I’m trying to get back into schedule now.