A short while ago I finished making a skirt out of the orange fabric I got for myself in India. Look at the lovely bottom edge.
For the record because I am not sure it you can tell from the later pictures I used the edging on the left as the right side, but it would be easy enough to change if I decide that I preferred the more glossy side.
It is made of three rectangles, one for the skirt pleated to size and one for the waist band.
Sorry about the threads I am awful at trimming them.
The final rectangle was used on the only pocket. I hope the picture shows it off. I love pockets
And here are some pictures of the complete project that should also give some idea of the length. Maybe next week I can finally get some pictures of the projects I have posted about so far.
I think the closeup of the waist band is the picture that shows the color best.
I’ve mentioned that P. was moving to get his PhD., but what I didn’t say is he is in the Air Force. While I was there I fixed a pair of his jeans in return for a pair of his worn out pixilated camo pants.
I’ve wanted some fabric like this for over five years to make Strider (nickname Wingfoot), some fatigues.
Sorry about the super lousy cell phone image, but I didn’t have time to actually pull it out of storage. It is one of the American Girl 100 year anniversary bears, dressed in US Air Force dress blues with fatigue boots. They had no fatigues and no nice dress shoes hence the oddity. I’m really looking forward to this project.
My other recent addition to my sewing list is dealing with this.
Also very exciting.
Feel free to tell me if
A you know while Strider has that nickname and why it is funny
B you know what the last picture is